Spotmeup's collection, use and disclosure of personal information
Information Collection: Personally Identifiable Information
* In the course of using the Services, we will ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you and administer your account (“Personal Information”). Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, phone number, credit card or other billing information, email address and home and business postal addresses.
* Please be aware that when you become a registered Spotmeup user, other users of the Services may be able to see your screen or user name, in addition to any comments or submissions that you post to the Site or submit via the Services. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and that you not use your real name as your screen or user name, since that would allow others to identify you.
* When you use the Services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website or online service (“Log Data”). This Log Data may include, but is not limited to, your computer’s Internet Protocol address, browser type, the web page you were visiting before you came to the Site and information you search for on a Site. When a user downloads the Spotmeup Software, we may record that a download took place. When you use the Spotmeup Software our servers automatically record Log Data. When the Spotmeup Software checks for new updates, it may also automatically send version number and operating system information to our servers.'
* Like many websites, we use “cookies” to collect information. A cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. We use “persistent cookies” to save your username and login password for future logins to the Site. We use “session ID cookies” to enable certain features of the Services, to better understand how you interact with the Services and to monitor web traffic routing on the Site and aggregate usage of the Services. You can instruct your browser, by changing its options, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Services.
Our Policy Toward Children
Spotmeup does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at
How We Use Personal Information
* Personal Information is used for the following purposes: (i) to provide and improve the Services, features and content, (ii) to administer your use of the Services and Spotmeup account, (iii) to enable users to enjoy and easily navigate the Site, (iv) to better understand your needs and interests, (v) to fulfill requests you may make, (vi) to personalize your experience, (vii) to provide service announcements, and (viii) to provide you with further information and offers from us or third parties that we believe you may find useful or interesting, including newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information on Spotmeup related services. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications, please follow the unsubscribe instructions provided in any of the communications.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Spotmeup Users. In addition to your username, any comments or submissions that you post to the Site will be publicly available. Any information you choose to provide in a comment or a submission should reflect how much you want other users to know about you. We recommend that you guard your anonymity and sensitive information and we encourage Spotmeup members to think carefully about what information about themselves they disclose in their comments or submissions.
Aggregate Information and Non-Identifying Information. We may share aggregated information that includes non-identifying information and Log Data with third parties for industry analysis, demographic profiling, and to deliver targeted advertising about other products and services. Any aggregated information shared in these contexts will not contain your Personal Information.
Service Providers. We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate the Services, to provide the Services on our behalf, to perform services related to administration of the Services (including, without limitation, bill and credit card payment processing, maintenance, hosting and data center management services, web analytics and administration). These third parties have access to your Personal Information only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Compliance with Laws and Law Enforcement. Spotmeup cooperates with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose any information about you to government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas), to protect the property and rights of Spotmeup or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any person, or to prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
Business Transfers. Spotmeup may sell, transfer or otherwise share some or all of its assets, including your Personal Information, in connection with a merger, acquisition, reorganization or sale of assets or in the event of bankruptcy.
Changing or Deleting Your Information
All registered Spotmeup users may update, correct or delete their Personal Information by creating a ticket and request a change to their “user preferences” associated with their account. If a user completely wish to delete all such information, the account may be deactivated. We may retain an archived copy of the records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Emailing Via a Spotmeup Account
If you invite a friend to access files or data you choose to make available through the Services, we will ask you for your friend’s name and email address. We will automatically send your friend a one-time email inviting him or her to visit the Site. Spotmeup stores this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time email and tracking the use of the Services. Your friend may contact us at
Spotmeup is concerned with safeguarding your information. We employ administrative, physical and electronic measures designed to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Identity theft and the practice currently known as “phishing” are of great concern to Spotmeup. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your account ID, login password, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission’s website.
Links to Other Site
The Services may contain links to other websites. If you choose to visit an advertiser by “clicking on” a banner ad or other type of advertisement, or click on another third party link, you will be directed to that third party’s website. The fact that we link to a website or present a banner ad or other type of advertisement is not an endorsement, authorization or representation that we are affiliated with that third party, nor is it an endorsement of their privacy or information security policies or practices. We do not exercise control over third party websites. These other websites may place their own cookies or other files on your computer, collect data or solicit personal information from you. Other websites and services follow different rules regarding the use or disclosure of the personal information you submit to them. We encourage you to read the privacy policies or statements of the other websites you visit.